Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm losing my mind!

One of the biggest headaches that I have had to deal with in many years has been my moving company.  They are still not here with my belongings and I have been here for almost a month.  This weekend I wanted to go with my family to our family reunion in Red Lodge, MT but didn't go because the moving company promised me they would be here Friday, at the latest.  So I decided I would meet a friend from Vail in Durango, Colorado (3 hrs away) for the weekend.  Well the anticipated delivery day became Saturday, Sunday morning at the latest.  So I cancelled the Durango trip.  But I HAD to get out of Chinle.  I'm going nuts!  So I headed to Gallup, NM (90 miles away) for the Lions Club Rodeo.   Gallup is almost he equivalent of NY city to me!  It has WalMart, Big Lots, and JCPenny - this is the big time.  The rodeo was actually pretty cool cause the arena is at Red Rock State Park nestled among large red rocks.




This is teams of 3 guys who are trying to dress the calves.  They have to put panties, pants and a shirt on the calves the fastest to win.  It was quite funny, but it seemed easier than the wild cow ride at Burley's rodeo.

This is the rodeo clown.  He's trained monkeys to ride on dogs on little monkey saddles and chase goats around.  The goats are on top of the pickup. It was quite funny.


I wonder about this....So the cowboys and indians used to be enemies and kill each other, but now all the indians think they're cowboys.....humm...... I was one of probably 10 white people at the rodeo.  I was used to being the minority in Washington, DC, but here the Indian's don't really like white people.  In fact they will look right past you like you are not even there.  If they do not absolutely have to acknowledge you then they won't.

I got stopped by the po po on the way home for going 72 mph in a 65.  If my mother were driving she'd be in jail cause we all know that to her the speed limit is simply a suggestion.  I got off with just a written warning, but not before a thorough search of the car to make sure I was not transporting liquor onto the reservation.

This morning I awoke to find that I have a new pet.  A dead bat on my front steps.  Poor little sucker died in the wind.  It probably blew him into the side of my house and he died on impact.  There he lay dead on my steps.
Poor little dead bat.  I think I'll name him Edward Cullen.

No comments:

Post a Comment