Sunday, May 29, 2011

And if you wonder why I call it "Dusty Desert Wings"

Ever hear the howl of the wind?  Well the wind is screaming outside my door.  If you ever wonder why I call my blog "Dusty Desert Wings" here's why... The following is copied and pasted from the National Weather Service for the weather for the next 24 hours in Chinle:


Today: Areas of blowing dust after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Windy, with a south southwest wind 29 to 32 mph increasing to between 41 and 44 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Windy, with a southwest wind 40 to 43 mph decreasing to between 14 and 17 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

There is a fine grit everywhere - my computer keys, paper, door jams, window sills, and yes even my face and hair.  I have given up on sexy hair here.  I have just accepted the fact that I am always going to look like a frazzled hot mess.
Blowing and drifting sand

and more blowing and drifting sand

and even more blowing and drifting sand

guess what?......sand cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment